Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Modelling the Companion

| | 0 comments
Modelling the companion was easy enough.
Starting with a Cylinder I created some edge loops and extruded some faces to get the general shape of it before smoothing the mesh the create a more rounded look for the character.
For its head bauble I just created a sphere and cut the top off and attached it to the rest of the model.
Using the cylinder for my base mesh was the easiest method I could think of and it worked out quite well in the end all I had to do was delete the bottom circle and connect the vertices so I wouldn't have a bunch on triangles on the bottom of my character.

Here is what it looked like after modelling:






I had a few issues with the unwrapping when it came to the bauble but after stepping back and looking at the whole character I realised I could just separate the sphere mesh from the rest of the UV's and unwrap it pretty easily.

When it came to texturing I left the textures very simple as the base mesh wouldn't be seen as much as a result of the effects we wanted to put on it.
That meant I just needed to apply colour to it and make it semi transparent. Here is the finished model:










0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance