At that point all I had done was the modelling for the toilet which was at the time untextured and I had not yet had time to work on the terrain. So as a placeholder I grabbed some stock images and created a visual representation of what I wanted the packshot to look like.
Here is what I came up with:
As you can see there are many design problems with it.
The Dunny itself does not stand out as the main element and actually looks kind of bland.
I was told it would be better to have a coloured word logo rather than the black but I used black as no other colour would stand out nicely enough with the colour of the sky in that picture which is why I want the sky in my final product to be blue.
The hills from the stock image are what I'm looking to create.
The rainbow also draws too much attention as it's so bright and colourful it pulls attention. As do the easter eggs which I put in instead of flowers.
The Dunny also needs to be moved more into the foreground and it needs to made more rounded.
While the stock image for the environment is beautiful I want a bluer sky with less clouds and more sunshine. Perhaps a midday sun?
The grass is the perfect green and I think it will be interesting making a base terrain plane with that kind of texturing with the animated grass dynamics on top of it.
I'm going to edit the Dunny itself to make it more rounded and when I textured it I will have in mind that it is chocolate covered in foil so I will need to imitate the creases foil has.
In summary:
- Reshape model to make it more round
- Move Dunny to the hill in the foreground to pull more focus
- Rainbow pulls too much attention - get rid of it or dull it down
- Easter eggs pull too much attention - change their sizes and colours
- Maybe use flowers instead of Easter eggs
- Change sky - less yellow more blue - less cloud - no dark cloud
- Change logo colour - too formal and hard.

0 comments:
Post a Comment