Thursday, 7 May 2015

Specialisation Research

| | 0 comments
For our specialisation we were required to research the field we had chosen.
As mine was 3D Modelling I of course looked into the development of the technology used for 3D modelling and and different processes used in 3D modelling. I also looked into different texturing processes.

The most fascinating part of my research however was the history of sculpting. I have for a long time admired sculptures and in the past have done some myself. I actually admire some sculptors not just from history but from today as well.

My research led me into the different kinds of sculptures from different places in the world and from eras as well.

Here are some chainsaw sculptures carved by Griffon Ramsey ones of the artists whose work I admire:



Below are two of the sites that I used in my research into sculpture if you're interested in reading through it. I found the read interesting enough. I selected these two sites simply because they are the easiest to read through and probably the most straight forward.

HistoryWorld
Scholastic

Below is one of sites I found describing the different modelling processes:

7 Common Modelling Techniques for Film and Games

Below is the ptex website:

ptex.us

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance