Thursday, 7 May 2015

Evaluation of Production Process

| | 0 comments
1. Research
Research is a crucial part of the production process. It allows us to gather references to create a clearer vision of what we wish to achieve. This process also allows us to find ways to complete processes we haven't done before and how to use programs we haven't in the past (Unreal Engine 4). It allowed us to compile tutorials and knowledge that would carry us to the end of this project. 
2. Pre-production
This time was spent communicating with each other on what the project would become. This time was spend creating sketches and giving feedback to each other. The constant communication between team members allowed us to create our parts of the project whilst still keeping within our artistic style and scope.
3. Production
During this process we brought our concepts to life. We kept in constant communication to keep other team members updated about our progress with the models and whatever it was we were doing. We assisted each other when it was needed and got everything ready to be put into Unreal to create the final product. 
4. Post-production
Once everything was put together in Unreal all we had to do was polish everything up, apply feedback from peers and the play around with Unreal's features to make the scene look as good as possible before bundling it all up into a package and testing its functionality again before submission.

Our production process went along very smoothly due mostly in part to out constant communication as a team. We constantly contacted each other about problems and I feel the process we used worked very effectively.

There were however problems with individuals sticking to the Gantt Charts and my own issues with data. To improve in the future I would have to make sure save more incrementally and make sure I keep track of data and take all the preventative measures I can take to prevent corrupted files like the ones a kept getting whilst trying to create the particle effects for Unreal. Another thing I need to work on is my UV unwrapping when it comes to unusually shaped objects like the tower and the statue I created. I need to thing more critically and carefully about how I go about the unwrapping process so I don't give myself a headache.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance